mc

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jul 4 13:46:18 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007, Justin Zygmont wrote:
>On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>>
>>> want

>>> that

>>> no, I didn't see it anywhere in the list of packages, and its not on the
>>> ISO.  I think either someone forgot to include it or, they're ready to
>>> save space and drop it from the distro.
>>
>> It's irrelevant to the primary target group of the current install
>> images. As long as it is still included in the online "Everything"
>> repository, it has not been "removed".
>
>if its not in the ISO, its been removed.  Soon it may be removed
>completely.

I call bs on that!  For all the other fawncy file managers they've tried to
paint a decent face on over the last 5 years, not one of them can even begin
to compare with mc.  Sure, the current Krusader is pretty, but it can't do
90% of what mc can.  When it can, then talk about dropping mc, and not a
millisecond before.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)