Running Amarok extracted from rpm (FC6 Extras)

Mostafa Afgani m.afgani.fedora at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:22:42 UTC 2007

On 7/4/07, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps you could trace the program during execution and see whether
> it relies on any hardcoded non-relocatable paths?

Hi Michael, I did run a trace on amarok and followed all child
processes. I could not find anything that might indicate a problem
(actually I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to looking at call
traces). I looked for lines with "-1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)" and checked if they were eventually resolved.

The following is an archive containing the traces for amarok and all other
processes forked (amarokapp is in amatrace.32293).

http://m.afgani.googlepages.com/amarok-strace.tar.gz

I hope someone can shed some light on the problem.

TIA,
-M