mc

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:36:34 UTC 2007

Matej Cepl wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:46:18 -0400, Gene Heskett scripst:
>> I call bs on that!  For all the other fawncy file managers they've tried
>> to paint a decent face on over the last 5 years, not one of them can
>> even begin to compare with mc.  Sure, the current Krusader is pretty,
>> but it can't do 90% of what mc can.  When it can, then talk about
>> dropping mc, and not a millisecond before.
>
> I would personally strongly against removing mc ever (krusader, gnome-
> commander etc. suck when used through ssh), but I would be very much
> interested in knowing what 90% (repeat 90%!!!) of mc functionality is not
> covered by krusader. Would you englighten me, please?

What kind of operations are you trying to do?  There are a lot of
options, including using freenx and the free NX client to get good GUI
performance through a remote ssh connection.  Or, use the command line
tools that cover 100% of file management functionality and are
faster/easier if you use some conventions when creating files and use
names that will match wildcards or put things under directories that can
be manipulated in one step.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com