Suspend / Resume on a Dell D420 doesnt work

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 17:33:37 UTC 2007

Dear Patrick:

This is a widely reported problem--there are plenty of reports in
http://bugzilla.redhat.com about it.  I think it is a flaw in the
kernel, most likely, and fiddling with modules and quirks will
probably not fix it.  I posted an explanation yesterday in this list
in an email called "Resume on a Suspended Lap-top".   I just also
posted a more technical question in the fedora-devel list.  I think
the problem will trace back to particular details of the motherboard,
your BIOS, and something called hpet (high precision event timer).
pj