Re: NetworkManager things

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 06:38 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
I found that the demons for NetworkManager and NetworkManagerDispature are in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ directory and you can turn them on with, for example ./NetworkManager start and from then on this demon will be put into the kernel every time you turn on your computer.
he above is in error. To turn them on takes:
services NetworkManager start

but to have them come on at boot run:
chkconfig --level 35 NetworkManager on
and
chkconfig --level 35 NetworkManagerDispatcher on
I found that just chkconfig NetworkManager on worked fine. Not sure what --level 35 does.

Karl

The kernel 3232 with the WiFi modules works fine it seems with all the other applications.

This all has limited application to your desktop computer but it is really good for your Lap-Top which is often changing sources of Internet.

My lap-top is a Sony PCG-9RFL model. It is faster than this Desktop :-)

Karl

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there. -- Will Rogers