mc

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 20:08:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:36:34 -0500, Les Mikesell scripst:
> What kind of operations are you trying to do?  There are a lot of
> options, including using freenx and the free NX client to get good GUI
> performance through a remote ssh connection.  Or, use the command line

No thank you -- ssh just works and I don't have to fiddle with another
complex stuff. Moreover, I have limited bandwidth, so graphic
applications are out for me.

> tools that cover 100% of file management functionality and are
> faster/easier if you use some conventions when creating files and use
> names that will match wildcards or put things under directories that can
> be manipulated in one step.

OK, just if understand correctly -- instead of mc which I like and use,
you are suggesting either to use Krusader (I don't have KDE installed
anymore, but that's another matter -- gnome-commander would fit as well)
or {cp,mv,rm,etc.}? What so terrible and horrible about mc that you are
not willing to accept that as an option?

Matěj