Re: Please clearify

C> Actually - isn't an Ultra Sparc a Risc processor
C> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPARC)?

C> Additionally, isn't a PowerPC also a Risc?
C> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC)

That is indeed true, but I honestly have no idea what relevance it
has.  RISC is a general term describing a philosophy of instruction
set design and does not refer to any particular manufacturer or line
of CPUs.  There are plenty of other RISC microprocessors, but none of
them were ever used in Macintoshes.  (The MIPS processor line is a
prominent one which comes to mind.)

 - J<