Dependency Hell : KDE does not depend on X Windows

Hmmm

I did a groupremove of the X Windows System.
It erased X and KDE as expected. Figuring out that in order to have KDE I need to have X, I did a groupinstall of KDE. Kdebase and all its gang was installed, but X was left out!!!????

When I did 'startx', the systems could not because X was missing.

I would have thought that kdebase needed xorg-server-x11 at the very least to launch kde.
How come they are not linked together?

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho pananet com