Re: bug or features I don't understand?

On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 07:31 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> there is, after all, only the one sound chip on the motherboard, so
> how that became 4 devices in audacity, I don't know

If you have an on-board/software modem, that can get detected as sound
hardware.  Some chips have multiple functions, too, that might get
detected separately (perhaps midi sound generators, or sound systems
that can emulate other sound systems - like ye olde soundblaster).

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.