Re: Connecting an extra computer to Internet

On 7/5/07, Kevin J. Cummings <cummings kjchome homeip net> wrote:
> Is this your router:
> http://www.thomson-broadband.co.uk/products/Details.asp?ProductID=514
>
> If it is, that page says "...the Thomson ST 516 can be used for high
> speed internet access for a single computer: Apple Mac, Linux
> workstation or Windows PC, or can be used to connect an existing network
> hub, router or wireless access point."  This means it can be connected
> to a switch.

But, will his ISP provide him more than one IP address?  This is the
limiting factor!  If the ISP will only give him 1 IP, what happens when
the 2nd computer asks and gets no answer?

Yes, Steve, my modem is the one you mention, and in the page indicated
by you, it says:

"Allows Multiple users to share a single IP address on the same ADSL
connection".

Paul