CNN video - one more time

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Fri Jul 6 01:14:16 UTC 2007

David Boles wrote:
> on 7/5/2007 3:01 PM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

>>> Hi Aaron,
>>>
>>> Not meant to be a smart butt. Just to be clear.   ;-)
>>>

>>> You do have Flash 9.0 installed and you can see regular, other, Flash? If
>>> you go to the Adobe site it will tell you.
>>>
>>> You do have the 'user agent switcher' extension for Firefox installed and
>>> you do understand that changing the setting does not 'stick'? That you
>>> have to switch it each time you start Firefox when you want to see these
>>> videos?
>>>
>>> You do understand that you have to reload the page with the video play
>>> section *if* you have already gone there *before* switching the user agent
>>> ID? And to reload it by using Ctrl + F5 and *not* the reload button? Ctrl
>>> + F5 reloads the page from The Internet. The reload button refreshes from
>>> the cache and that has already failed.
>>>
>>> That is what works for me with CNN. I do not go to the Fox site. A
>>> personal preference. But I will try it if you like.
>>>
>> And to clarify...
>>
>> To get Fox News Working:
>> 1) Download and install the Greasemonkey extension from
>> http://www.greasespot.net
>> 2) After installing Greasemonkey, install the Fox News Friendly Video
>> script
>>
>> This will kill the ads in the Fox News Video Section completely and
>> allows the videos you actually want to see to display properly.
>>

> I did *not* doubt you. ;-) But I will confirm that what you said here does
> work. Fos news videos are no displayed.
>
> Thanks for the tip.

We're days into this topic, and, I just have to pipe in, if I may.
Since 2000, we have been subject to news media that repeatedly
apologized for NOT bringing the news to the general public, instead
following the orders of the administration to lie and mislead us.  The
effort to figure out how best to gain access to highly suspect video
news put out by sloppy, unethical journalists, confuses me.  Why would
anyone want to view CNN, FOX, or the major network broadcasts for video
news that is guaranteed to be censored in the interest of those who want
to continue the lies and deception of what you and I view or hear?
There are just too many other resources to combine that serve our
interests, not someone else.  For example, why is there so much emphasis
on corn as biofuel?  There are lots of weeds that use less energy to
convert to biofuel.  Corn, on the other hand, feeds you and me.  If it
is our future biofuel, our food costs skyrocket!  Where's the go&^%*((*&
media on this?  You guessed it, they're cowtowing to the all powerful
corporations that stand to make a lot of money they might not otherwise,
if the truth of the matter were known.

Anyway, good luck with trying to view main media's nonsense.
Tom