Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

on 7/5/2007 6:21 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Erik Hemdal wrote:
>>
>>> From: Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au>
>>> To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list redhat com>

>>> principled stand
>>>
>     Yes this stand makes them not give us the best movie software which
> is the VLC media player with all the libs needed. No they send out Totem
> which is called a Movie player but it isn't. It is not good for much of
> anything.
>
> Karl

Totem is the legal application that Fedora can, and does, provide. I can't
think of any distribution, that I am familiar with, that includes VLC in
the official ISO's.

If you choose to use what Is probably illegal codecs (no attorney speaking
here but the codecs are copyrighted) to have, or to use, in the US you are
free to do so. That is your choice Karl.

Please do enjoy watching your DVD movies on your monitor.

Here? We watch our movies on the TV that hangs on the family room wall.
--

  David