Re: Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Around 12:43pm on Friday, July 06, 2007 (UK time), Karl Larsen scrawled:

>    What is unlawful about VLC? If your expressing the Microsoft
> position I don't think it would stand up in court.

I understand In some juristictions (probably the US amongst others) some
of the codec algorithms normally included in vlc cannot be legally used
without the payment of royalties to the patent holders.  And I assume
Fedora's legal advisers think they risk prosecution or civil action if
they distribute them.

>    I do not know what FOSS is. Sorry.

Free Open Source Software.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 13:24:03 up 10 days, 17:03,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.02