wpc54gs problem

Hi all, I am having problems with my WPC54GSver1.1.
This card worked with FC6 using BCM43xx , no problems.
Since I upgraded to F7 it will not work. I am using
the updaTED FIRMWAREthe other firmware reported as "to
old" in the log file. Now I get an error that it can't
"set bit rate"  and it will not get a IP because the
"radio" remains off. Iwlist show serveral accesspoints
some locked some open and iwconfig no connection (as
expected. What am I missing???? Help!!!! I hate using
XP