Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 8 21:33:47 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 14:50 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> This whole thing started with the fact that you must go outside
> Fedora to get a system that really plays Movies.

This whole thread would be a bit more bearable, with a bit more
snippage.  There are *some* interesting points in it.

> I pay to get the DVD Movie. That should keep the bastards happy.

As far as I'm concerned, the paying for the use of MPEG technology, if
that royalty-reaping has to be done, should really be around what
created the MPEG in the first place.  You shouldn't get stuck in the
neck to just play the damn thing.

The studio pays for the technique to encode it when they buy their
equipment, you buy the playable disc/file, and you play it on whatever
you can.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.