glibc-debuginfo libraries stripped?!

Pawel paulino90 at tenbit.pl
Mon Jul 9 09:14:46 UTC 2007

Jakub Jelinek writes:
 > For the .debug* sections.  Some glibc libraries are intentionally stripped
 > with eu-strip -g -f ... , so symbol table and string table are kept
 > in the installed libraries.

What do You mean *installed*? Do You mean this package:

prompt$ rpm -qf /lib/ld-2.5.so             |

It in fact is NOT stripped..:
prompt$ file /lib/ld-2.5.so
/lib/ld-2.5.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

... but disassembled functions do not contain information debug info about source files and line numbers, which can be obtained with "-l" parameter of objdump command. Can I get them somehow from these .debug* sections from glibc.*debuginfo package?

Regards,
Pawel