Re: WiFi for a laptop

Cameron Simpson wrote:
On 06Jul2007 18:05, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
Cameron Simpson wrote:
It's worth checking the output of the "lspci" command under linux.
For example, mine includes these lines:
02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82540EP Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Mobile) (rev 03) 02:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection (rev 05)

The bottom one is my WiFi interface.
[...]
Well mine is no where as clear as yours. I have two so called ethernet cards in my laptop. One is a Atheros Communications Inc. and the other is a Realtek Semiconductor Co. so I'm not sure which is what. Guess I will run both through Google.

All the RealTek cards I have used are wired ethernet. I would guess the
Atheros is the wifi card.
Is eth0 or eth1 mentioned in your modprobe.conf file?
Yes I found that only the RealTek was being used so it had to be the wired eth0.

Karl