auto install of nvidia driver

Brian Millett bmillett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 13:28:08 UTC 2007

Gene Heskett escribío:
> Greetings;
>
> Attached is a script I've been running for about a month, and which
> autoinstalls the nvidia driver when booting to a new kernel, something I do
> fairly frequently such as to the 2.6.22 I just built.  This assumes the
> latest NVIDIA-*.run file is resident in your root directory but it could live
> anywhere by editing the script.  You'll also need to edit it when you have
> downloaded an even newer version.
>
> This to me was easier than trying to figure out the documentless dkms
> installer.
>
> I run it from rc.local with this line:
> /root/bin/install-nvidia
>
> Now. if I had a clue, which I don't, I'd redirect another file to this such
> that all the keyboard responses it needs are also automated.

You could install 'expect'

INTRODUCTION
       Expect is a program that "talks" to other interactive programs according
to a script.  Following the script, Expect knows what can be expected from a
program  and  what  the  correct  response should  be.   An  interpreted
language  provides branching and high-level control structures to direct the
dialogue.  In addition, the user can take control and interact directly when
desired, afterward returning control to the script.

--
Brian Millett - [ Markab Ambassador, "The Long Dark"]
"The forces of darkness do not move openly. They work through others. Use