Re: gthumb/jpegtran: jpeg rotation looses metadata (fc5)

Hello Mike,

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 07:57:18 -0400 "Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak" <mjc avtechpulse com> wrote:

> wwp wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >

> > I've recently noticed that when rotating .jpg files from within gthumb,
> > EXIF metadata gets lost, whereas rotation is conservative WRT such
> > metadata some times ago.
> >
> > I'm running an up-to-date FC5, gthumb-2.7.7-1, libjpeg-6b-36.2.1 and
> > Am I missing something? Does anybody have a clue of what's wrong now?
>
> Upgrade to the gThumb 2.10.x series and Fedora 7. A lot of exif problems
> have been fixed. gThumb 2.7.x is horribly obsolete.

Er.. the complete upgrade to FC7 is not currently possible here and
wouldn't be the solution I'd choose to fix one software's issue
(knowing that a previous version was OK to me), it's a production
machine that can't be easily interrupted. Thanks anyway.

Regards,

--
wwp