Re: Squid Alternative?

>     You can only do this for http, where the host name is passed in a header
>     from the client.  Apache can do it if you create named virtual hosts
>     that use the ProxyPass directive or a RewriteRule with the [P] flag to
>     proxy the requests to a backend server.  You'll also need a
>     ProxyPassReverse directive configured to fix redirects issued by the end
>     server.
>

> Maybe thats what I need to do, as I need for the same server doing the
> proxying to accept http request as well

Yes, apache can sort this out itself.  If anything else accepts port 80
you'd have to also have a special case to redirect even the local host,
perhaps to apache on an alternate port.

Great...This is what I have in Squid now.  What is the equivalent in Apache?

httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on