F7 dhcpd upgrade bug? dhcpd did not restart on upgrade.

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jul 9 19:44:13 UTC 2007

Charles Curley wrote:
> Yesterday I upgraded my F7 box's dhcp server to dhcp.i386
> 12:3.0.5-37.fc7. The older version was running at the time I did the
> upgrade (the log shows activity 26 minutes before the upgrade). I
> found out this morning that it never restarted after the upgrade. The
> daemon was down, clients were using another server on the net, and the
> log shows no activity in the interval.
>
> Is this a bug? Is there any way to recover the output generated when
> RPM upgraded the package to see what, if any, error messages were
> produced?

    There was no reason for your computer to have done anything
different after the update was received. The upgraded kernel is called a
new version and you will boot from it AFTER a Reboot of any sort.

    Since you did see no activity I suspect something else happened and
you need to find out what that was.

Karl