Re: Squid Alternative?

Devon Harding wrote:
     > proxying to accept http request as well

    Yes, apache can sort this out itself.  If anything else accepts port 80
    you'd have to also have a special case to redirect even the local host,
    perhaps to apache on an alternate port.

    --

Ok, got it working, but it seems to be redirecting even the localhost. How can I get the localhost to answer and proxy all other hosts. Here is my config:

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.domain.com <http://www.domain.com>
ProxyPass / http://www.domain.com/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.domain.com/
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName webmail.domain.com <http://webmail.domain.com>
ProxyPass / http://webmail.domain.com/
ProxyPassReverse / http://webmail.domain.com/
</VirtualHost>

You need to move your local site setings into a VirtualHost container with the right servername or alias too. The first Virtualhost in the list becomes the default when you use named vhosts, unless you have one that says <VirtualHost _default_:80>

If you are testing with an IP address or a name that doesn't match, you'll hit the default.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com