Re: postfix failing

Hey Scott,

Scott Berry wrote:
> Yes I get some info from genaliases this is what I get:
> [root pilotalk mailman]# /usr/lib/mailman/bin/genaliases
> To finish creating your mailing list, you must edit your
> /etc/aliases (or equivalent) file by adding the following lines, and
> possibly running the `newaliases' program:

[snip aliases]

Ah, thanks for the output and the config file.  That makes it obvious
what's wrong.  You've been burned by case-sensitivity.  Instead of:

MTA = 'postfix'

you want:

MTA = 'Postfix'

(as in, an upper case P in Postfix).

The mailman config is particularly susceptible to this sort of thing
because it's actually a python module.  Python it sensitive to
indentation as well as case.

> Here is my mm+cfg.py file also this may help too.  Before I go to
> far though I have no aliases file so I can't add it too my aliases
> file.  By it I mean the info above.

No problem.  Once you correct the case of the MTA variable, you won't
have to add anything to an aliases file manually.  Instead, mailman
will add the aliases to /etc/mailman/aliases automatically when you
create a list (or run genaliases).

The man who can make hard things easy is the educator
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson