And now a no sound problem

Francois frmas at free.fr
Tue Jul 10 10:53:07 UTC 2007

Hello,
Just a problem is gone, another one is there ;-)
On that computer I do not have any sound.
I checked the bios, and the audio support is setted to "auto". I do not have
lots of choice : just "disabled", or "auto".
Then running "system-config-soundcard", gives me the following information :
Card : Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller

I run a newly compiled kernel (2.6.22). I checked all audio modules it was
possible when I ran make xconfig, to be sure.
this pb is not new with Fedora 7, it was true with FC5 and FC6 I ran before
on that computer.
This machine is a "Nec Express500 - TM700".
The Bios is "AMIBIOS : version 08.00.09 - Build date : 06/27/04 - ID :
A0037108.

Francois