Unable to logout if there is a print job running ( kjobview )

Jesus Jr M Salvo jesus.m.salvo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 12:01:19 UTC 2007

F7 x86_64

Just bought a multifunction printer ( HP Photosmart 3180 ). Everything
worked out of the box ( printing, scanning, even attaching a memory
card was automatically detected ).

When I was printing a few documents, about 3 print jobs, since I was
just waiting for the print jobs to finish, I decided to logout out of
KDE / x.org by selecting Logout -> End Current Session and let another
user login ( I am running F7 on a notebook BTW ), but it won't allow
me something like "kde notification: Logout was cancelled by
kjobview".

Now I know I could have started another x.org session and let the
other user login on that x.org session, but I was just wondering was
that cancelling of logout intentional ? I mean, I would have thought
that I should have been allowed to logout since the print jobs are run
by CUPS, which run in the background.

Regards,

John