Re: Mounting problem: SATA disk under FC6

Many thanks for your prompt response, Ed!

Ed Greshko wrote:
Did you just add the PCI card?

No, I've been playing with it for a while ... !
Please do the following.....

1.  Reboot your system as you have in the past where the drive is not
recognized.

2.  *BEFORE* you disconnect the power and reconnect get the output of lsmod
and see if sata_sil is loaded.

[root tokyoii ~]# lsmod | grep sata_sil
sata_sil               15817  0
libata                104789  1 sata_sil

3.  Do you disconnect, reconnect thing and check the output of lsmod again.
 Is sata_sil now loaded?
lsmod now reads,

[root tokyoii ~]# lsmod | grep sata_sil
sata_sil               15817  0
libata                104789  1 sata_sil

So, no change there.

If so, then you probably will need to make a new initrd for your kernel and
place it in /boot.  Check the mkinitrd command for details.

I'll have a look at that as my next step.

Many thanks!

Ian