Re: OT: The optimal time to buy RAM

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Paul Smith wrote:

Dear All,

When my previous computer was 4 years old, the RAM memory for it was
rarely available and, when available, was expensive. Now, I have a new
computer, one year old. Could someone please help me with determining
the right time to buy new memory in order to buy it the cheapest
possible?

One to two weeks before you actually buy it. The universe has an automatic need detector that jacks up the price a week before you get the order in.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct