Re: Problems with WPA2/AES and Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g)

Hello Tim,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Tim wrote:
> For what it's worth, not broadcasting the SSID is *not* a security
> improvement.  It is, however, a cause of networking problems, and you've
> just found one of them.

I know, that disabling broadcast of SSID is no security improvement. But
disabling SSID broadcasting helps to prevent for not-knowledged users and
leet kiddies which don't have any real clue. So it's a small improvement.

We don't need to discuss about that at all, I agree with you, but I think
you can see my point of view when living in a apartment building having
multiple WLANs.

Greetings,
  Robert