I don't want beagle, how to stop it ?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jul 11 12:47:25 UTC 2007

Hi;

> Tom Horsley wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:33:40 +0530
> > Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> >> # yum remove beagle would work. Otherwise disable it in System =>
> >> Preferences = Sessions. Fedora 7 does not install it by default.
> >
> > Yep, yum remove beagle was my favorite way to get rid of it,
> > but I've never been sure if I found and removed all the database
> > files it created before I discovered it running. Anyone have
> > an exhaustive list of places to look for them?
>
> ~.beagle should be enough.
>
> Rahul

I tried to get rid of beagle.  Removed in FC6, installed F7 as a clean
install while preserving my /home partition.  Beagle files kept showing
up everywhere.  I finally did an 'updatedb' and ran 'locate beagle'.
found about 20 extraneous beagle files, about 20 in /home.  Number and
location I don't remember exactly.

But, beagle is worse than a dandelion. I feel in my bones, some morning
a .beagle file is going to show up.  If I was a malicious hacker I would
take a good look at beagle's DNA.

--
Regards Bill