intel wireless

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:59:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 06:48 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > ti479 wrote:
> >

> >> ok i got fc 7 up and running- now i need to get my wireless going the
> >> intel 3945.
> >>

> > Did you read the long HOWTO ipw3945 in this newsgroup today?
> > I think it was from "Tim" (not me).
> >

>     It is not yet clear what hardware he is has.
>

> Karl

Uh, it's right there.  Intel 3945.  He can use either the new (but
experimental) iwl3945 driver that comes with Fedora 7, or he can use the
older ipw3945 driver that seems to be more reliable.

Please don't assume that just because you couldn't work out what your
wireless card was, nobody else can.

Jonathan