DVD drive to use with Fedora 7

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Wed Jul 11 22:31:12 UTC 2007

Langdon Stevenson wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with this drive with F7?
Sadly, I do. My motherboard has a promise sata controller and a via
kt800 IIRC (it's an asus a8v deluxe). Since only the via sata ports
recognize the DVD, I put it there.. But in linux, all goes wrong. Ever
played russian roulette? That's a bit how the drive reacts.. If you run
"wodim -checkdrive dev=/dev/scd0" , every time it returns different
supported burn methods. And even when it returns TAO, it wont burn.
The same drive works perfectly under windows, but since I nuked the
windows install , I'm stuck with using my old burner through a usb cage.

--
Pedro Macedo