how make fedora-list usable with gmail?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:41:47 UTC 2007

Valent Turkovic wrote:

>> > That is because if I (and I do use pop with gmail) dowload pop messages
>> > to my evolution at work when I come home and download gmail messages
>> I'm
>> > missing those I downloaded at work and vice-versa!
>>
>> Thats what IMAP is for ! I don't suppose gmail offers this option ?
>
> I wouldn't be starting this thread if they did...

I had the same problem and for a while just downloaded messages when I
expected to have time to read them all but eventually I switched to
using fetchmail to pick them up and drop them in an IMAP mailbox I can
access from both locations.  It is much better that way, but you either
need a 3rd machine that both can reach or your home and office machines
have to be able to reach each other so you can use one as the server.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com