RE: [OT]: Scalix

Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:

> Paul Lemmons <paul lemmons tmcaz com> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have any experience with the Scalix email server?
>
> The Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalix) isn't very
> complimentary:
>
> "Scalix is an bug ridden poorly supported open source e-mail and groupware
> server that runs on Linux, licensed under the Scalix Public License (SPL)[1].
> It is proprietary software ."
>
> I've never heard of it before, myself.

Egh.  That sounds like it was written by M$.  Keep in mind that wikipedia is not necessarily an unbiased source...

Here are some more authoritative reviews:

"Scalix Makes Enterprise Strides"

"Scalix beefs up Linux-based groupware platform"
http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/linux/2007/0115linux2.html

and there are many more if you do some quick google searches...

-b