Re: Can Linux beat XP in homes yet or NOT?

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 19:50:16 +0200,
  Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor freemail hu> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III írta:
> >
> >The biggest issue is can they run the software the want on it. I don't
> >think my wife is going to use a linux based system until The Sims 2 runs
> >on it.
> >

> I don't play too much but Diablo 2 certainly
> installs and runs jut fine under Wine for about a year now.
> Also, do you remember Loki? The native Linux Heroes III
> can be convinced to install on new systems and it runs
> just fine even on FC6/x86_64.

I got bored with Diablo 2 (though my wife still plays it occasionally),
so I haven't tried it.
Loki didn't do the expansions for Heroes III. And Shadow of Death (with the
nocd executable) doesn't work under Wine on Fedora. I prefer Battle for
Wesnoth, but for team play with my wife, she likes Heroes III better.
We need at least the first expansion though, as we play random maps.