yumdownloader --source broken?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 10:06:12 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get hold of a source package, so installed yum-utils
and enabled the fedora-source repository.  I then went through the
following procedure:

[ian at prometheus ~]$ yumdownloader --source --dest . vorbis-tools
Cannot access repository dir /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/updates
[ian at prometheus ~]$ mkdir  /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/updates
[ian at prometheus ~]$ yumdownloader --source --dest . vorbis-tools
Cannot access repository dir /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/updates/packages
[ian at prometheus ~]$ mkdir  /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/updates/packages
[ian at prometheus ~]$ yumdownloader --source --dest . vorbis-tools
Cannot access repository dir /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/freshrpms
[ian at prometheus ~]$ mkdir  /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/freshrpms/
[ian at prometheus ~]$ mkdir  /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/freshrpms/packages
[ian at prometheus ~]$ yumdownloader --source --dest . vorbis-tools
Cannot access repository dir /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/fedora-source
[ian at prometheus ~]$ mkdir  /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/fedora-source
[ian at prometheus ~]$ yumdownloader --source --dest . vorbis-tools
Cannot access repository dir /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/fedora-source/packages
[ian at prometheus ~]$ mkdir  /var/tmp/yum-ian-CBzNNI/fedora-source/packages
[ian at prometheus ~]$ yumdownloader --source --dest . vorbis-tools
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: fedora

If yumdownloader needs those directories, should it create them
itself?  If I run as root I don't get any errors, but neither
does the package appear to download.  Any suggestions?

--
imalone