problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

Mustafa Qasim alajal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 15:05:23 UTC 2007

Thanx for ur kind reply but sir i couldn't understand by what file do u mean
by mykey.txt??

till yet i think that ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg is the file holding my key and i
couldn't send it to mit keyserver and also couldn't export the ASCII from
it.. i've tried

gpg --export --armor alajal at gmail.com>pubring.gpg but it says that Nothing
Exported..(Yep m in .gnupg directory)

On 7/14/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:

> Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> > Hello!
> >            I m having problem in sending my gpg key to the pgp.mit.edu
> > <http://pgp.mit.edu> keyserver. It says time out. I visited it through
> > my web browser and noticed that we can send our key theough their
> > webpage by psting the ASCII-armored PGP key in the text box given there
> > but i couldn't open the pubring.gpg file into open office or gedit so i
> > can copy the ASCII n paste there to complete the registration process.
> > What to do know?? sending key through shell is not responding.
> >
> Try something like:
> gpg --export --armor alajal at gmail.com > mykey.txt
>
> Mikkel
> --
>
>   Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
>

> --

Mustafa Qasim
Lahore, Pakistan
Cell: 0321-6614972