Re: problem while sending gpg key to mit key server

It Returns gpg: WARNING: nothing exported

:( .... what to do? can't i extract the ASCII on my local system .. Is it necessary to send to to an e-mail address?

On 7/14/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:
Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> Thanx for ur kind reply but sir i couldn't understand by what file do u
> mean by mykey.txt??
>
> till yet i think that ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg is the file holding my key
> and i couldn't send it to mit keyserver and also couldn't export the
> ASCII from it.. i've tried
>
> gpg --export --armor alajal gmail com
> <mailto: alajal gmail com>>pubring.gpg but it says that Nothing
> Exported..(Yep m in .gnupg directory)

I guess the command got distorted. It should have been:

gpg --export --armor alajal gmail com > mykey.txt

You can also use:

gpg --export --armor alajal gmail com --output mykey.txt

(No mailto: before the email address.

mykey.txt is where the ASCII version of the key would be saved. By
default, the output of gpg --export goes to the standard output. By
using > or --output you redirect the output to a file.

Mikkel