Distro hopping again: freespire

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:49:47 UTC 2007

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 15/07/07, Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've never tried Freespire, but want to mention that I'm running FC6 on
>> the same exact hardware perfectly well. There are some quirks, but
>> they're linux specific (e.g. poor support for dual screen) - all in all,
>> it's pretty good...
>>

> Thanks, Konstantin, stand by next week, when I switch back to Fedora,
> about the graphics card! Other than that, I'd say that Fedora 6 was
> the best distro that I've used since Fedora 3, with only the X1400
> giving me trouble.
>
> But, one has to play the field a bit, to know what else is out there,
> in order to really appreciate his 'home choice'. And I always come
> back to Fedora.

Neat! Can't wait to hear what it's like :)

By the way, to get the x1400 working, all you need to do is "yum
--enablerepo=livna install kmod-fglrx" and then adjust
/etc/X11/xorg.conf (by hand or using the ati utility)
It's pretty stable in this case (suspend/hibernate both work, 3D
acceleration works..)