From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com on behalf of Bill Davidsen
Sent: Sun 7/15/2007 8:08 AM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: problems with install

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Schumacher, Paul wrote:
>
>> I have an IBM desktop about 3 years old.  I put in a new western digital
>> 250 gig drive, partioned it to two about equal partitions, installed
>> WindowsXP in the first partition "C drive" and formatted the second
>> partion to NTSF.
>>
>> This install say it cannot find any device to install on.
>
> Seems a very reasonable response.
> Where do you expect it to install Linux?

If you read all of his responses, he notes that it can't find the
device. Creating free space on a device the installer doesn't see won't
help, will it? If it sees the device he can select "custom install" and
blow away the NTFS partition, assuming that he wants to do that, of
course. If the drive is just not seen, as he said in
<72243B95A064954F8300C07E67F8EFDB0450DD5C exchange2 winona edu>, then he
has another problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>