Laptop WiFi manual

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 22:34:22 UTC 2007

on 7/15/2007 3:22 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>> on 7/15/2007 2:22 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

>>> Well here i another take on the situation. So someone starts to put
>>> together a document on Wifi on a laptop. What he gets for his trouble is
>>> crap on how it doesn't meet someones expectations. I thought he made a
>>> useful attempt. Rather than acting as his English teacher and knocking
>>> his grammar make suggestions to make it better. Your comments are on the
>>> far side of inappropriate. If you don't want to row get off the  boat.
>>>
>> I agree that Karl is trying to be helpful. But the suggestion of a blog
>> was, IMHO, a good idea. Karl's paper will, or already has, disappeared in
>> that abyss called the list archive. Not many search there. Many don't know
>> how to search there. Many don't make the effort to search there.
>>
>> If Karl had a blog, they are free, and posted his information there it,
>> this laptop WiFi paper for example, would be findable with Google. I think
>> that would help more people than posting it here to this list.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

>     Unknown to many on this list that paper is being sent to people who
> show up here asking how to do it. A surprising number so far have have
> taken the paper with all the grammer errors and got their laptop using
> WiFi on their Linux.
>
>     Rather than a blog it can be put on my web page and you can address
> it here. I will think about that.

I did not know that you had a web page. That would be a good idea too.
Perhaps a better idea than a blog.

This site, which is old, is still given as a reference today when help is
needed for example. The information still worked with Fedora Core 6 and, I
am told, still works with fedora 7.

http://tinyurl.com/zevot
http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

Perhaps you could do something like this with your information.
--

  David