Re: wav files in f7

Michael H. Semcheski writes:

Hello,

I've got a stock install of Fedora 7, and one nagging issue I'm having
is that I can't listen to wav files.

Neither rythmbox nor xmms will play the wav files.

Not all .wav files are alike. There are different kinds of wav files. My voicemail system emails me my messages in some bizarre wav format, that I have to let mplayer chew on, in order to get something that'll actually play.

Run 'file' on them, and see what it says.