2.6.22 kernel and WiFi

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Jul 16 22:00:31 UTC 2007

Mark Haney writes:

> Here's my question, how will the .22 kernel work with an old driver
> setup?  Will I still be able to use my broadcom/ndiswrapper combo until
> the new driver is available, or should I just avoid the .22 kernel until
> the driver support is better?

Unfortuntely, no kernel developer gives a friggin hoot about ndiswrapper. If
it's broken, nobody will really care about it. Sorry.

> I've read that Fedora and Ubuntu already are using the new driver models
> (or something along those lines) so what's been the experience so far?

I've done my homework, and use hardware that's supported by native Linux
drivers (Centrino). Since there has not been a .22 kernel errata update for
F7, yet, I haven't yet installed it, but, I have no reasons to expect any
problems with wireless, when I do.

Such are the benefits of using Linux drivers with Linux, instead of Windows
drivers with Linux.