Change in ls -l time stamp display?

I just started noodling around with F7, on my second install, and I'm sure that initially, but not positive, in an ls -l  listing the file time stamp was as it has always been.

Either I missed it or the recent update of coreutils has changed the time stamp display in a long listing of ls.  Is it me or has anyone else also noticed this change.

This is what I mean, notice the date format
fc6
$ ls -lad /etc
drwxr-xr-x 154 root root 12288 Jul 17 00:44 /etc

now in f7
$ ls -lad /etc
drwxr-xr-x 108 root root 12288 2007-07-17 04:28 /etc

If it's me can someone enlighten me what the fix is or is this a bug?

Thx
Pete
believed to be clean.