how make fedora-list usable with gmail?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:49:43 UTC 2007

Thufir wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:10:24 +0000, Iain Cheyne wrote:
>
>> Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>> So are there any plugins or greasemonkey scripts that make gmail usable
>>> with fedora-list?
>> There might be something in the Better Gmail extension, https://
>> addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4866.
>>
>> I just use the Gmane newsreader for this list. It's very slick.
>>
>> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general
>
> don't forget pan: <http://pan.rebelbase.com/> as an interface for gmane.
>
> It will make gmane look like usenet.  Of course, if you only are familiar
> with gmail and google groups, you'll be like "what's that?"
>
> nntp rules.

I ran across this Lego site years ago and have always wondered why
everyone doesn't do it this way: http://news.lugnet.com/news.  It's a
combination email list, web forum, and nntp news feed, depending on
which way you want to look at it.  Does anyone know if the software that
runs it is available - or something similar?

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com