BCM WiFi Problem

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:24:53 UTC 2007

On 18/07/07, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:04:09 -0400, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:18:53 -0400, Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Please see some new things under the original
> > thread "Add Wireless to Laptop".  What do you
> > think?
> >

> As you may have noticed on the other thread, I now
> see a problem because it doesn't like my key and seems
> to be assuming that I am using WEP, but I am using
> WPA/PSK.  Do you know a way to set this?

Try wpa_supplicant? http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/
On the other hand, maybe try turning on NetworkManager
now that the device appears to be working.  If you are in
a position to disable WPA temporarily you could confirm
whether setting the key is the problem and that the device
is otherwise now working.

--
imalone