Re: how to make cron run gaim under my X session?

On 7/17/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel infinity-ltd com> wrote:
Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi, I use gnome-schedule as a gui for cron but I can't make it start

Hi Mikkel,

I tried playing with at command and I can't make it start when I want to.

gaim | at now +1 minute
- this starts gaim right away

echo 'gaim'|at now + 1 minute
- this does nothing

making a script called "start" and giving it +x and then:
at -f start now +1 minute
- does nothing.

I tried reading man and googling but I can't find an answer how to
start gaim every day at 8:15 under my username "pero" that I log in.

Thank you in advance,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/