New issues with Sending email: related to Domain name transfer?

Linus Ulrick meow8282 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 09:24:23 UTC 2007

On 7/18/07, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
> Linus Ulrick writes:
>
> > But, I just transferred the above mentioned domain to a new registrar
> > (like I said above, I host my own website and run my own mailserver)
> > Now, I can no longer send email from any afolkey2.net email addresses.
> >  Squirrelmail, Claws-mail, Thunderbird.  I get errors like this:
> >
> > ** error occurred on SMTP session
> > *** Error occurred while sending the message:
> > 550 5.7.1 <transfer at ipowerweb.com>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup
> > failed [192.168.1.1]
>
> If you run your own mail server, then this is the error message you get from
> your own mail server, so only you can fix it.
>
> If your mail server is configured to smarthost all outgoing mail through
> your Internet provider's mail server, then this may be an error message from
> your provider's mail server. You only posted the error message, and did not
> include the rest of the non-delivery report, which would identify which mail
> server is reporting this non-delivery.
>
> Anyway, since you did not include the complete non-delivery report, key
> pieces of information are missing that are needed in order to fully analyze
> this problem.

Hello, Sam
Actually, the errors that I sent were all that I had at the time.
But, I attempted an experiment on this issue by sending a test mail
from steve at afolkey2.net to three outside addresses.  I did this using
mutt.  As a result, I finally got a non-delivery report (which reminds
me: the non-delivery report that I am about to quote is the first one
that I have received in the entire time that I have been trying to
figure this out):