New firefox-2.0.0.5

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 19 21:04:25 UTC 2007

On Thursday 19 July 2007, David Boles wrote:
>on 7/19/2007 12:54 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings all;
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue how to install this.  There does not appear to be
>> a help file in the archive.
>
>Where did you get 'this' and which release of Fedora?

from the firefox download site, and fc6.  Already installed and running here.
Unpack it by cd'ing to where you want it, in this case /usr/lib,

#> tar xzf /lo/ca/tion/of/tarball
#> cd there
#> nuke the plugins subdir
#> ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins plugins

Fix the links in your icons and bingo, ff-2.0.0.5 is installed and runs just
fine.  Since it fixes an exploit, I am not waiting for the rpm experts
to 'get around' to wrapping it in a package.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)