Re: How to Find Open/Close Ports and Bypass a Port?

On 7/20/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 15:30 +0200, Andras Simon wrote:
> (As an aside, I use a port that is blocked both by my router and
> iptables on the machine, and azureus still works. I'm not sure if I
> should be happy about this.)

Are you talking about outgoing or incoming ports being blocked by your
rules.  If you don't block outgoing ports, then your client can make
connections.

Incoming only. After using azureus for years, now I finally know why
it works :-)
Thanks,

Andras