Dial up

I have been on Ubuntu but want to switch back to Fedora.. Using the Kppp, do I ned to install the STK 16 kernel. If I do I understand that I also need the STK 16 driver. Will just installing the regular driver work. I have a Dell laptop B130. I need to get on line with this first before I do anything else. FC6 is great but I have to go one step at a time as I am just a newbee concerning Linux. I want to get completely ride of windows.

Thanks
Herb Taylor